December–April, 2017: Hosted four Flagstaff Civic Academies on Immigration, attended by over 500 people, to share information about interactions with police and immigration enforcement.
- Flagstaff Police Chief Kevin Treadway
- Coconino County Sheriff Jim Driscoll
- Consulate General of Mexico in Phoenix
- Ezequiel Hernandez, Immigration Attorney
- Elliot Altford, Immigration Attorney
- Living United for Change in Arizona (LUCHA)
Held a 2016 Candidate Accountability Session, attended by 200 people in September 2016, to secure commitments from candidates for the Arizona legislature and Flagstaff city council on issues of gun violence, public education, and education access for immigrant youth.
Successfully organized for the creation of the Flagstaff Police Department Citizens’ Liaison Committee, an independent committee that advises FPD and provides information for the community.
Organized the “Courage to Make Peace” events in February 2016 to develop a strategy for combating gun violence and encouraging nonviolent communication and conflict resolution.